Making Candied Tangerine Peel is a little time consuming, and it is an extra step, but the texture and crunch of the candied peel is really nice when combined with the creamy Tangerine Bavarian.
- tangerine peel from Tangerine Bavarian and Tangerine Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- super fine sugar for coating
- Julienne fresh zest of tangerines from Tangerine Bavarian recipe and cover zest with cold water. Bring to a boil, drain and rinse, and repeat twice more.
- Combine sugar, julienned zest and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer until the zest has become translucent, about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove zest to an oiled rack over a sheet pan, separating the peel and allow to cool, but not dry.
- Add superfine sugar to a small bowl and toss zest to coat evenly, then return to rack to dry.