Garlic Butter Seared Bay Scallops has to be one of the simplest and most satifying pasta dishes around. The receipe comes together in about the same amount of time that it takes to cook the linguini. Just add a green salad and crunchy bread for a delicious week-night dinner.
- dried linguini for two
- 3/4 lb dry bay scallops
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic clove grated
- 1/2 medium fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- kosher salt
- 3-4 sprigs fresh parsley sprigs chopped
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Cook linguini according to package directions.
While linguini is cooking...
- Melt 1/2 of the butter butter and 1/2 of the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry.
- Sauté half of the garlic in butter-olive oil until soft, about 1 minute. Add half of the scallops and and sauté for about 2 minutes, turning a couple of times. Remove scallops from pan to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and olive oil to the pan, and when the butter is melted and bubbly, add the remainder of the garlic. Sauté until soft, about 1 minute, then add the remaining scallops. Sauté for 2 minutes, turning a couple of times.
- Return first batch of scallops and garlic to pan, add the juice of 1/2 of a lemon, wine and season with kosher salt. Simmer for about a minute.
- Add the cooked linguini to the scallop mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.