Left over roast chicken turned into this delicious Chicken Taco for lunch one day. I love simple make overs of left overs, in this case a totally different flavor.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 chicken breast cooked and sliced
- 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
Garnish and Serving
- 1-2 leaves red cabbage
- 6 flour tacos
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Peel and slice 1/2 medium yellow onion and julienne 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 green bell pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the onions have become firm tender. Add the red and green peppers, toss to combine and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 chicken breast cooked and sliced and season with 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning mix. Toss again, and cook until the chicken has cooked through.
- Thinly slice 1-2 leaves red cabbage, set aside.
- Heat tacos placed in between 2 sheets of paper towel in microwave set to high for 30 seconds.
- Serve in heated tacos, topped with a dollop of salsa and some finely sliced red cabbage.