Lemon rice is a wonderful side dish for just about any pan fried or seared recipe, whether fish, chicken or veal. The color is brilliant and the ‘lemony’ taste is perfect when you are looking for something beyond plain white rice.
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Finely chop the shallots and add to the melted butter.
- Add turmeric and then rice and allow to sizzle for a couple of minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to lowest possible temperature and cover sauce pan with a lid and cook for about 30-35 minutes, rice is cooked when it is easily flaked with a fork.