This Mediterranean Baked Fish is so good. It has all the flavors of Greece, lemons, olives, garlic, oregano. Any firm white fish will work, tilapia, cod, snapper, your choice. Just serve with all the bits on top, a generous spoonful of the delicious pan juices and a side of plain white rice. Really delicious!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 2 fillets tilapia, halibut or snapper
- 6-8 whole small vine ripened tomatoes cut in half
- 5-6 whole Kalamata olives pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tspn capers drained
- 2-3 sprigs fresh parsley chopped, divided
- 2 tbspn olive oil divided
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbspn dried oregano
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- Garnish , Kalamata olives and fresh chopped parsley
- Gather all the ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 425°F
- Drizzle oil on the bottom of an oven proof casserole dish.
- Add halved tomatoes, sliced red onion, drained capers, smashed garlic, juice and rind of 1/2 of a lemon and half of the chopped parsley. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss to combine well.
- Season fish with kosher salt, black pepper, oregano on both sides. Drizzle each side with remaining olive oil. Place seasoned fish on top of the vegetables, squeeze the juice of the other half lemon on the fish, add the lemon rind and 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Place the baking pan, uncovered, in a pre heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle dish with Kalamata olives and chopped parsley.
- Serve with some of the tomato, onion and olives and some of the pan juices over each slice of fish,