The dressing for these Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps is sublime. It is fresh, full of citrus flavor, a tiny bit of heat and just perfect for a light lunch. I used butter lettuce and left over grilled flank steak but you could just as easily use Napa cabbage and serve it as a cold salad.
- 8-10 sprigs cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp tamarind sauce or hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 slices left over grilled steak
- 1 head butter lettuce or Napa cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 carrot julienned
- 3-4 sprigs cilantro
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to combine.
- Peel one carrot and using a mandolin, cut julienned shaped pieces, set aside until ready to use.
- Core one red bell pepper, and slice into thin strips
- Slice grilled left over steak, allow 2-3 pieces per wrap, depending on how large the steak is. Each slice should be about 4-6" long.
- Prepare lettuce or cabbage. If using lettuce, separate leaves and set on a platter, if using cabbage, slice thinly and transfer to individual serving bowls.