Au Natural in this case simply means that this pork chop has very few ingredients and is simple to make. A perfect week night dinner, full of flavor. It takes all of 10 minutes to make. I’ve shown it with my Hearty Kale and Potato Combo, or make it with cabbage like my Rustic Savoy Cabbage and Potato, or….just mashed potatoes.
- 2 bone in pork chops 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1-2 tbsp all-purpose flour for dredging
- 1 tbpn olive oil
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Snip edges of pork chops to prevent curling when searing.
- Cover chops with parchment paper, and using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each pork chop to about half of its original thickness.
- Season both side well with kosher salt and allow to set for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- When ready to cook chops, dredge both side of each chop in flour.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to a heavy bottomed skillet and heat over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the oil is shimmering.
- Place pork chops in hot skillet, and sear for 4-5 minutes. Try not to move the chops, check for color after 4 minutes and if it's nicely golden turn each chop.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the second side is nicely golden.