These Chewy Blondie Squares are lightning fast to make and are a perfect after dinner snack. I love to have something sweet at the end of the day. This is perfect for me.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tspn almond extract
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Gather all ingredients together before starting the recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 350°F
- Heat butter in a microwave bowl in high until the butter is melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla and almond extract to the cooled butter and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Slightly whisk 1 whole egg and add to the brown sugar mixture, stirring until it's smooth.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl, then add to the brown sugar mixture.
- Fold the flour into the mixture until mostly combined, then stir vigorously until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the chopped pecans or walnuts, stir to combine, then turn the mixture into the buttered baking dish. Spread the mixture evenly along the bottom and place in the pre heated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the batter is just set around the edges but the center is still loose.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely, sift with confectioner's sugar and cut into 16 squares,