This Black Bean and Corn Salad is colorful, refreshing, and fast. I have served it with roasted or grilled delicious chicken, steaks, sausages and even pan fried fish.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 lime juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 tspn cumin
- 1 tspn chili powder
- 2 tspn honey
- 8 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 oz corn canned or frozen and thawed
- 1/4 whole Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/4 whole Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro rough chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Add cumin and chili powder to a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Peel and chop 1/4 medium red onion.
- Juice one lime into the bowl, add honey and onion and mix well.
- Chop cilantro, drain and rinse black beans and add to onion mixture. Cut 2 slices from each of red and green bell pepper and chop into 1/4" dice, add to onion mixture.
- Defrost frozen corn or drain canned corn and add to mixture.
- Mix well, taste for seasoning, add olive oil, salt and black pepper and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour. before serving