I made Char Sui Roasted Baby Brussels Sprouts using Char Sui BBQ Sauce, one of my favorites in the whole world. The sauce lasts for a long time in your fridge, so don’t worry about the yield in the recipe, you can use it with just about anything, like Brussels sprouts. The combination is outstanding, and it is a wonderful side dish for any holiday dinner, or just for a weeknight meal.
- 1 lb baby Brussels sprouts
- drizzle of olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbspn water
- 1/3 cup Char Sui Sauce
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Trim 1 lb baby Brussels sprouts and rinse under cold running water.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a small skillet and add the Brussels sprouts. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and add 1-2 tbspn water to the pan and place over medium high heat. Cover and 'steam' for about 6-8 minutes, or until you can easily insert a fork into the sprouts.
- Remove lid, the water should have fully evaporated. Sauté sprouts until nicely charred. Avoid stirring the sprouts to allow each side to char, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add 1/3 cup Char Sui Sauce (or more to you liking) and stir and toss to combine. Heat for 2-3 minutes and serve.