This recipe for ice cream amazed me! I never thought that you could make ice cream without an ice cream maker and a lot more. This is whipped cream and condensed milk, my new favorite ingredient. Add any fruit, chocolate chips, cookie crumbles, etc. and you will have made the most delicious ice cream ever!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream whipped
- 1 16 oz bag frozen dark sweet cherries
- Garnish (optional)
- 12-14 whole cherries
- cognac or brandy to cover the cherries
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts coarsely chopped (optional)
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Chill a 9x5 metal loaf pan while making the ice cream.
- Defrost cherries in a medium sized bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Drunken Cherries - Select 12 -15 whole 'pretty' cherries and set aside in a small bowl. Pour enough cognac or brandy to cover. Set aside overnight.
- Whisk together condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Whip heavy cream in a separate bowl until peaks form, about 4-5 minutes.
- Mash/chop half of the cherries and reserve in a small bowl.
- Blend about 1 cup of whipped cream with condensed milk mixture until well combined
- Fold in mashed cherries and the remaining whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into cooled loaf pan. Sprinkle the top of the mixture with remaining whole cherries.
- Cover and place in freezer for at least 5 hours and up to over night.
- Serve using water dipped ice cream scoop ice cream into pretty clear glasses.
- Top with garnish of 'drunken' cherries and toasted hazelnuts.