I make Cooktop Roasted Potatoes when I am in a hurry. They are a perfect side dish as they go great with just about anything grilled or pan fried.
Tip : Resist the temptation to stir or turn the potatoes, if you leave them for about 3-4 minutes on each side, they will get a crunchy golden crust.
- 10 mini red skinned potatoes
- 1/3 red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Wash and quarter 10 mini red skinned potatoes and cover with water, add a pinch of salt and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to a fast simmer and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Thinly slice 1/3 red onion and add to hot oil. Reduce heat to medium and sauté onion until it's caramelized.
- Add cooked potatoes and set aside until ready to serve.
- 10 minutes before ready to serve, return pan to a medium high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes, check to see if the potatoes are beginning to brown, then turn and brown the second side.