I make Cooktop-Roasted Potatoes when I am in a hurry. They are a perfect side dish as they go great with just about anything grilled or pan fried.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 10 mini red skinned potatoes
- 1/3 red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Wash and quarter the potatoes and cover with water, add a pinch of salt and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to a fast simmer and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoonful of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Slice 1/3 of a red onion thinly and add to hot oil. Reduce heat to medium and sauté onion until caramelized.
- Add cooked potatoes and set aside until ready to serve.
- 10 minutes before ready to serve, return pan to a medium high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes, check to see if the potatoes are beginning to brown, then turn and brown the second side.