Scottish Shortbread Cookies are a wonderful Christmas treat! Make it for yourself, take it as a gift to family and friends, and don’t forget to put some under your Christmas tree for Santa. Happy Holidays!
- 8 oz unsalted butter or 2 sticks
- 2 cups flour plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Add 8 oz unsalted butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 pinch kosher salt into a stand mixer bowl or a food processor. Mix on low speed using the paddle attachment until combined.
- Turn mixer up one speed and mix the dough until it comes together in a solid mass, about 5 minutes.
- Turn out on a floured board and form a log that is roughly 1" to 2" thick. You may need to make two logs. Place the formed dough in your refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before cutting into slices and baking.
- Pre heat oven to 350 °F
- Cut logs into 1/2" thick slices and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet on the middle rack of a pre heated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cookies are a very light golden color.