I first tasted this combination of Creamy Burrata, Sweet Spring Peas and Caramelized Onions at a local restaurant. It was a total surprise as burrata tends to be served with prosciutto or figs, so this was lovely. Easy to make and it is very spring-like.
- 1 medium fresh burrata/person
- 2-3 tbsp Caramelized Onion Jam
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 2 leaves fresh mint leaves
- olive oil to drizzle
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 slices toasted baguette
- micro greens or baby arugula for garnish
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Measure 1/2 cup frozen baby peas per person, either cover with cling wrap and microwave on high for 30 seconds, or place in a colander over simmering water and steam for about 2 minutes, or until the peas are defrosted but not cooked.
- Transfer peas to a food processor, add mint, kosher salt, black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Transfer pea mixture to a serving plate into to a ring mold about the size of the burrata and pat the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Remove ring mould and make a small indentation in the center of the pea mixture and gently place the burrata in the center.
- Drizzle olive oil around the edge of the plate, top the burrata with onion jam and garnish with baby greens.