There are so many chicken recipes that you might think that there cannot be one more that you have not tried in the past. This is one more. It is so simple that it’s almost ridiculous, so tasty that you would think that you had spent hours to create it. It is a good one, you should try it.
- 4 fillets boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tspn garlic powder
- flour for dredging
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tbsp capers drained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- garnish - freshly grated parmesan cheese chopped parsley and lemon wedges
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Season 4 chicken breast fillets with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Set aside for an hour before cooking.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cook chicken fillets for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add wine, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers to the same skillet. Scrape up any brown bits and stir to combine. Reduce by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to sauce and heat through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and tuck in a few quartered lemon wedges and serve with plain white rice.