This is a wonderful recipe for Crispy Skinned Red Snapper and Herb Sauce. I just steamed a few asparagus spears, finished them with a few drops of fresh lemon juice and then served with the crispy hot red snapper. Just the perfect amount for a week night dinner.
- 1 lb fillet of red snapper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 fillets anchovy or 1 tablespoon of anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped herbs such as parsley, dill or basil
- 1 tbsp chopped pickles or capers cornichons or chile
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Chop herbs, pickles, slice garlic and combine with anchovy in a small bowl.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix together and set aside.
- Cut snapper fillet in 2 and season red snapper with kosher salt on both sides.
- Cut off the bottom inch of asparagus, rinse in cold water, place in a microwave safe dish and cover with cling wrap. Set aside until the snapper has been cooked.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a medium sized skillet. Turn the heat to medium and add the snapper to the warming skillet, skin side down. Cook the snapper for about 4-5 minutes, or until you hear sizzling and the skin has become crisp. Turn the snapper and continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until the flesh has turned opaque.
- Microwave asparagus on high for one minute, remove and strain. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
- Serve red snapper with a drizzle of the herb sauce and asparagus spears on the side.