It has been a very long time since I’ve made this Potted Cheese recipe. The last time was for a pre-dinner nibble with friends. The ‘he’ of the couple had been in the restaurant business for years, and whether learned from the business, or it was just natural, he had one of the finest palates for food I have ever seen. He could pick out the ingredients in many of the dishes I served over time, but this Potted Cheese left him wondering, all he could say to this was ‘this is good!”.
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tspn mustard powder
- 1 tspn nutmeg
- 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Riesling medium dry wine
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Blend cheese, spices and butter in food processor until combined.
- Add wine slowly, making sure that the wine is incorporated, keep blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Best served with fresh crusty French Baguette or a fruit and nut bread.