Curry Ketchup is a must have condiment to go with Currywurst, which is grilled sausage and fries. In Germany, this dish is as common and delicious as the American hotdog.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 3 tbspn curry powder
- 1 tbspn Hungarian paprika
- 1 pinch ground cloves and cinnamon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbspn tomato paste
- 5 tbspn vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tspn apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbspn honey
- 1 tbspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1/4 tspn prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tspn kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 tspn Asian chili sauce
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and cook chopped onions until soft. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add grated garlic and cook another minute.
- Add curry powder, paprika, cloves and cinnamon and stir to combine, cook for another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool completely and then refrigerate for a day before using. This will allow all the flavors to blend.