Every chef nowadays seems to have a quick pickle that they serve with burgers, fish, chicken, nachos, salads or just about anything else to give it that bright fresh flavor. It’s something that we all should have in our fridge when looking for that ‘pick-me-up’ umami. This is it.
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 10 whole radishes thinly sliced
- 2 red onions thinly sliced
- 1 tspn Asian chili sauce (hot)
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and 1 cup water in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Add thinly sliced radishes and red onions.
- Bring back to a simmer. Turn off the heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Transfer to a resealable container and store in the refrigerator.