Garlic Aoili is perfect with any grilled beef, sea food or just plain French Fries. I also like it with Bavette Frites. It only takes a few minutes to make with ingredients from your pantry. Any left overs can be kept in the fridge, like any other mayonnaise.
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Peel and grate 2 cloves of garlic.
- Separate one whole egg and reserve the yolk, add 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard and the juice of one half of a medium lemon to the yolk. Whisk with a fork to combine and then transfer to an immersion blender container or a blender. Add grated garlic and mix on low speed.
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a beaked container, and while the blender is running, slowly pour in the combined oils. Mix on high until you get a light yellow thick mixture, the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Place in serving containers and refrigerate until ready to use.