Seasoned with Old Bay, a little garlic, and some charred lemons, these grilled shrimp generate a classic East Coast feeling. Great for dinner with a side of corn on the cob or serve as a tapas treat with an icy glass of Rosé wine!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 recipe Garlic Aioli
- 1 lb raw shelled shrimp (16-20/lb) about 4 per person
- 1 1/2 tspn Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 tspn kosher salt
- 2 lemons zest and juice of 1/2 lemon remaining lemons to be grilled with shrimp
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Prepare the grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Transfer shrimp to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil, two-thirds of the garlic, 1½ teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon. salt. Toss to combine. Set aside for 10–15 minutes while you prepare the aioli.
- Place shrimp on hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp begins to turn pink, turn and grill for another 2-3 minutes, the tails should be slightly charred.
- Place lemons, cut in half, cut side down, on the grill at the same time that you place the shrimp on the grill. Allow the lemons to char, serve with grilled shrimp