Couscous is extremely versatile as it takes on any flavor that you would like to give it. Combine with spices and a bit of olive oil, fresh vegetables, raisins, pine nuts, or as in this recipe, garlic, lemon and fresh herbs. You can make it in under 15 minutes and it is guaranteed to be delicious! Pair with your favorite summer grilled recipes like Grilled Chicken Brochettes or Grilled Lamb Chops.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 3 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh parlsey finely chopped
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme finely chopped, or 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest of lemon
- 1 tbspn unsalted butter
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1 tspn kosher salt or to taste
- a few sprigs of thyme
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Finely chop parsley and thyme and finely slice garlic cloves.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add herbs and garlic to butter and sauté gently over medium low heat until the garlic becomes soft, but does not color, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the garlic is cooking, bring chicken broth to a boil in the microwave set on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cups of couscous to a medium mixing bowl, and pour boiling chicken stock over the couscous. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, fluff the couscous using a fork, until the couscous becomes light and fluffy, then transfer the couscous to the garlic herb mixture and combine well. Add lemon juice and zest and season with kosher salt and keep warm until ready to serve.