Pan Seared Golden Rosemary Chicken makes a perfect week-night dinner with a bit of flair and sophistication, but no fuss. The Rosemary adds the flair and the aroma, the French Green Peas and Potato Galette sides add the sophistication with a casual tone.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 2 chicken breasts skinned and boned and sliced into two portions per chicken breast
- 2 slices bacon cut into 1" pieces
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe French Green Peas
- 1 recipe Potato Gallete
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Cut each chicken breast in half length wise.
- Chop sprig of rosemary.
- Place chicken breast on parchment paper, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the chopped rosemary, cover with a second sheet of parchment paper and, using a rolling pin, flatten a bit, especially at the bigger end.
- Spray a non-stick medium frying pan with vegetable and heat over medium high heat.
- Add chicken pieces, do not overlap, and cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn, add the chopped bacon to the pan.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes on the second side, then turn again on each side for another 2-3 minutes per side until the chicken is a nice golden color.