We had a really easy meal of pan seared Italian sausage with mash and coleslaw for dinner. Unfortunately, the sausages came 4 to a package. Two is not quite enough, but four is too much. So brunch today was Italian sausage, pepper and onion frittata.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 2 Italian sausages cooked or raw
- 1/2 tbspn olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 medium red and green bell pepper sliced
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 425°
- Peel and slice onions, slice 1/2 of each of red and green bell pepper into 1/4" strips, slice sausages into 1" slices.
- Heat oil in oven proof skillet over medium heat, add sausages, onions and peppers and sauté until the onions and peppers begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Beat 4 whole eggs with a fork to combine, add grated cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over pepper onion mixture, lifting the vegetables around the sides to allow the egg to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Lay slices of tomato in a concentric pattern on top the frittata and place in a pre heated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before cutting,