This Roasted Potato and Cauliflower Salad is a fall favorite. It is simple and delicious and pairs well with just about any grilled meat or fish. Try it with Mustard Crusted Grilled Pork Tenderloin.
- 6-8 baby Yukon Gold or red skinned potatoes
- 1/3 medium head cauliflower florets
- drizzle of olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp crème fraîsche, or 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 whole thinly sliced scallions
Gather ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat over to 425 °F
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or non stick aluminum foil and add 6-8 baby Yukon Gold or red skinned potatoes, sliced into halves, 1/3 medium head cauliflower florets and add a drizzle of olive oil. Season well with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Roast vegetables for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and are beginning to brown.
- In the meantime, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat and add 1 medium thinly sliced yellow onion. Toss to combine. Sauté for about 2 minutes, then add a couple of tablespoons of water, reduce heat to medium and cook until the water evaporates.
- Add two more tablespoons of water and reduce heat to low. The onions will begin to turn golden while cooking. Stir occasionally and add more water if it evaporates. Cook until the onions turn a dark brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Combine 1 tbsp Hellman's mayonnaise, 1 tbsp crème fraîsche, or 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 3 whole thinly sliced scallions and mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine cooled vegetables, caramelized onions and salad dressing in a medium bowl.
- Serve with grilled pork tenderloin.