This very simple Shallot-Dijon Cream Sauce is ideal with any chicken dish, but especially good with Chicken Cordon Bleu.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 whole shallot peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon halved
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped shallots and sauté covered until the shallots are softened.
- Add the wine and reduce for one minute.
- Add Dijon mustard, whisk to combine. Add a squeeze from 1/2 of a lemon, season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add cream and cook, while stirring continuously, until the cream thickens, about 5 minutes.