Thinking of new and delicious sides for Thanksgiving? Try this Sweet Corn Bread Pudding, it’s the best, not just for Thanksgiving, but also for a family Sunday dinner, or just a dinner for one.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1/3 onion peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbspn unsalted butter
- 1/2 tspn thyme
- 1 small sprig Rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 3 slices white bread diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 whole egg
- 3/4 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup rough grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Pre heat oven too 350°F
- Combine egg, milk, cream, grated cheese, cornmeal, baking powder and kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer cubed bread to a large mixing bowl, add corn and the herbs. Season with kosher salt,
- Combine 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/3 of an onion, finely diced, to a microwave safe dish. Cover with cling wrap and heat on high for 90 seconds.
- Combine bread mixture and egg mixture.
- Spread softened onions and butter on the bottom of a 4" x 8" baking pan and spread evenly along the bottom. Spray the side of the pan with vegetable spray.
- Spread pudding mixture on top of the onions and spread to the sides.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean and the top of the pudding is golden.