I created this recipe for Tandoori Spiced Green Peas after I read two or three other Indian recipes, none of which seemed right. I took the best elements from each and made this wonderful mild vegetable curry, which I served with my Tandoori Spiced Lamb. The combination was wonderful.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium white potato cut into wedges
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Spice
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes and juice
- 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a medium sized deep sided skillet and heat over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely sliced to the oil and fry the onions until they are soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 medium white potato cut into wedges to the onions and cover and cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the onions have started to color and the potatoes have begun to soften.
- Add 1 tbsp Tandoori Spice to the potato onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the 1/2 green bell pepper cut into 2-3 slices. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the peppers begin to soften. Then add 1/2 can chopped tomatoes and juice, 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped, and then blend in 1/2 cup water and simmer for about 10 minutes, covered.
- Just before serving, add 1 cup frozen green peas, and 1 whole lemon, juiced. Mix to combine and heat for another 3-5 minutes over medium heat until the mixture is bubbly and the peas have warmed through.