Thai Chicken Chili is an ideal second dish if you have left over Thai Green Chili Sauce from a previous dish. The recipe for the chili sauce yields more than a cup so you can easily use it with chicken as I have here, or even shrimp. Shrimp would be even faster as you could just serve it over the grilled shrimp with rice.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 4 whole skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" strips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 recipe Thai Green Chili Sauce
- 1-2 sprigs fresh cilantro leaves
- Gather ingredients before you start the recipe
- Season chicken strips on both sides with kosher salt
- Melt butter in a sauté pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken strips and sauté for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken looses it's pink color.
- Pour Thai Green Chili sauce over chicken strips, reduce heat to medium low. Cover pan and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. Add frozen peas and cook until the peas have been warmed through.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with basmati rice.