This Chicken Liver Pâté comes together very quickly and has become a perennial favorite at our house. I call it Bev’s pate because the first time I ever tasted it, it was at her place and it’s her recipe. Ever since then, it’s been Bev’s Chicken Liver Pate.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 lb chicken or duck livers
- 3 tbspn unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3-5 cloves garlic clove grated
- 1/4 bunch chopped parsley
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tsp dried rosemary or two sprigs fresh
- 1 cup port or sherry
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbspn celery seed
- 2 tbspn fennel
- kosher salt
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Sauté chopped onion and grated garlic in butter until soft, do not allow garlic to color, about 2 minutes, medium heat.
- Chop fresh rosemary or add dried, chop fresh parsley and add to onions.
- Clean and devein chicken livers and add to onion and sauté until livers turn brown on the outside but remain pink on the inside. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Pour liver and juices into food processor and process until smooth.