This recipe for my Classic Potato and Egg Salad is a treat to go with Grilled Chicken Brochettes on a weekday. Just fire up the BBQ and enjoy.
- 2 medium white skinned potatoes
- 6 whole hardboiled eggs
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup Hellman's Real mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar (or more to taste)
- 3/4 tbsp yellow mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Cover 2 medium white skinned potatoes with water, add salt and bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Drain potatoes and set aside until they are cool enough to handle. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2" cubes. Transfer to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Rough chop 6 whole hardboiled eggs and add to mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup thinly sliced celery to potatoes and eggs.
- Mix 3/4 cup Hellman's Real mayonnaise, 1 tbsp cider vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar (or more) and 3/4 tbsp yellow mustard in a bowl and stir until well combined. Taste, if it seems a little sour, add a bit more sugar.
- Pour dressing over the potato mixture, gently fold until combined and cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I never just copy a recipe for publication on my website. I always prepare the recipe, sometimes two or three times, before I like it enough to publish it. My preparation of the recipe may involve a complete change to the original list of ingredients and of course the cooking method and instructions, and in this way, they become virtually my own.
But there are times when a recipe is perfect as published and for these instances, I like to accredit the author or their website or the source of the recipe. If this happens, I will include the details in this section.
If you see a recipe on my website that you like and you copy it, I would appreciate your acknowledgement and link-back to my site.