This is a great lunch time dish. I made it with Middle Eastern sesame flat bread and left over lamb but I have also used gilled chicken and left over steak. This version has a base of bottled barbecue sauce, roasted red peppers, feta cheese and thinly sliced red onions. Yummm!
- 2 slices flat bread or naan
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 whole roasted red pepper sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 5-10 very thin slices of red onion per serving
- 1 thinly sliced strip loin steak or left over grilled flank steak lamb or chicken
Gather all ingredients before you start recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 ℉.
- Spread 2 tbsp barbecue sauce of bottled barbecue sauce on each slice of flat bread or naan.
- Thinly slice left over roast beef or shredded chicken and place on top of the BBQ sauce base, then add a few dollops of BBQ sauce on top of the meat.
- Top the chicken or beef slices with crumbled feta or goat cheese, then top with slices of roasted red pepper.
- Finally, spread very thinly sliced red onion over all.
- Bake in pre-heated 375 ℉ oven for 15 minutes, then slice and serve.