This Tarte Pastry has to be the easiest and tastiest in the whole world! 4 ingredients and 10 minutes from start to finish. A classic tarte pastry ideal for fruit, cream fillings, jam fillings, or pastry cream fillings like the filling for Lemon Honey Tarte, yum!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/4 lb)
- 1 egg yolk separated
- 6 tbspn sugar
- all-purpose flour for rolling
Servings: tart shell
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- Add 1 cup flour to a deep bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add softened butter, egg yolk and sugar into the well in the flour and work the mixture until its smooth.
- Gradually work the flour into the egg mixture and when you have large crumbles, turn it onto a floured board or parchment paper.
- Knead the dough into a ball and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- After about an hour, roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to the shape and size to fit your cake pan with a removable bottom. Make the size about an inch larger than the bottom of the pan to allow the pastry to come up the sides of the pan.
- Prick the dough all over with a fork and cover with aluminum foil. Top the foil with dried beans. (You can omit the aluminum foil and beans if you check the dough after 5 minutes. If the dough appears to be rising, prick the dough with a fork again.)
- Bake until the edges start to turn golden, about 5 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake for another 5 minutes to brown the shell all over.
- Cool before filling.