This Ham, Onion, Red Pepper, and Tomato Frittata came about as we were hungry and there was nothing to eat. Well, there are always eggs, onions and in this case a partial box of cherry tomatoes which were a little past their time. So, the frittata came to be. It turned out to be very tasty, and it looked good too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1/2 onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper julienned
- 4 whole egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8-10 whole multicolored cherry tomatoes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 425℉
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium oven proof skillet oven medium high heat.
- Add 1/2 onion peeled and thinly sliced and 1/2 red bell pepper julienned to the skillet and sauté for a few minutes or until the onion has become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cubed cooked ham and stir to combine.
- Beat 4 whole egg and 1/3 cup milk with a fork and combine with ham and egg mixture. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine and make sure that the egg covers the bottom of the pan by running a spatula around the edge and slightly lifting the filling.
- Slice 8-10 whole multicolored cherry tomatoes in half and top the egg mixture with the sliced tomatoes, cut side down.
- Transfer pan to a cookie sheet and bake in a pre heated-oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the egg is set.