I served this beet, feta cheese and radish salad for lunch one day. Rather than dressing the salad before serving, I poured the dressing in a little pitcher, and we served ourselves. This prompted us to eat the salad as you might a lettuce wrap. The beets and cheese clung to most of the ribbed Romaine, and it was really easy to eat as I had left the leaves whole. Just a little different and discovered by accident.
- 1 head small leaf Romaine
- 2 whole watermelon radishes
- 4-6 whole cooked and peeled beets
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (3 oz.)
- 1 recipe Homemade Balsamic Dressing
Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Prepare balsamic dressing and set aside until ready to use.
- Separate leaves from Romaine, cut larger leaves in half down the center and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Cut cooked beets into halves or quarters, depending on size.
- Wash and slice watermelon radish, if large, cut in half.
- Transfer lettuce to individual serving plates, dot with cooked beets and tuck the radishes in between the leaves.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Pass dressing separately.