This is a Miso Marinated Cod Burger and it is just as delicious as it looks! The recipe is beautifully balanced between sweet and salty, and the pickled cucumbers and Asian slaw are a perfect compliment. Plus, it is remarkably easy and fast to make.
- 2 slices of 1" thick cod or halibut
- 1 cup Miso Maple Marinade
- vegetable spray
- 2 large brioche rolls
- 1 whole Persian cucumber
- 2 tbsp Marukan seasoned rice wine vinegar
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pour marinade ingredients into a resealable plastic bag, add 2 slices of 1" thick cod or halibut, and make sure that the fish is completely covered. Refrigerate for an hour before cooking.
- Using a potato peeler or a mandolin, cut thin ribbons of 1 whole Persian cucumber onto a plate. Spread out so they don't overlap and drizzle with 2 tbsp Marukan seasoned rice wine vinegar. Turn to make sure that both sides are covered in the vinegar. Set aside until ready to assemble sandwich.
Searing the Fish
- Remove fish from marinade and set on a paper towel. Blot the fish to remove most of the marinade.
- Transfer remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce and simmer, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside until ready to use.
- Spray a medium skillet with vegetable spray and heat over medium high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add marinated fish filets to the skillet and sear over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes or until the filets are golden brown. Turn and sear the second side for another 4-5 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Combine 1/2 bag Asian Slaw Mix, 1 whole green onion, sliced, 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro leaves and 2 tbsp Kewpie mayonnaise. Toss to combine.
- Cut buns in half and toast for 1-2 minutes under a pre heated broiler.
- Cover the bottom half of the bun with Asian slaw and top the slaw with the seared fish filets. Drizzle with the thickened reserved marinade.
- Top the fish with a couple of slices of pickled cucumber. Place to bun on top and serve.