Do you like salt and vinegar chips and like to deviate from the well beaten path to creamy potato salads? Then you will love this potato salad. It has a vinegar and oil dressing with salt and ample grindings of fresh ground pepper. It even has crumbled kettle style salt and vinegar chips mixed in at the last minute for a little crunch.
- 8-10 whole red skinned baby potatoes
- 1 medium shallot or 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- vegetable spray
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4-5 sprigs parsley leaves roughly chopped
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Place whole potatoes in a medium sauce pan, rinse potatoes under running water, then cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat a fast simmer an cook for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes feel firm tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Thinly slice shallots or red onion and add to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add vinegar, oil, salt and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and spread out to cool.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice in half
- Spray a medium skillet with vegetable spray and heat over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced potatoes, cut side down, and cook until golden brown on the cut side.
- Toss potatoes with vinegar and onion/shallot mixture. Adjust seasoning and/or vinegar to you taste.
- Serve at room temperature.