To make Our All-Time Favorite Chicken you may need to change your cooking technique and the quality of chicken that you use. First, the technique, you must cook the chicken low and slow. Then for the chicken, the best results for skin on, bone in and a juicy chicken breast, is to use free range chicken. Follow these two tips and just enjoy, it may become your all-time favorite too.
- 2 whole free range chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
- kosher salt
- vegetable spray
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Generously season 2 whole free range chicken breasts, bone in, skin on with kosher salt.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with vegetable spray and add the chicken to the cold skillet.
- Turn heat to medium, place the chicken in the pan skin side up, cover with a lid a cook until the chicken is golden on the first side, about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid from pan, raise heat to medium high and cook for another 15 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. To brown the sides of the chicken, set the chicken breast on its side propped against the side of the pan for a few minutes.
- Serve with French fries, mashed potatoes or just a green salad.