Even the name Persian Rice sounds exotic.
It tastes as good as it sounds! The cinnamon is the key ingredient. Easy to make and easy to pair with just about anything grilled.
Tip : You can also purchased pre-cooked rice to make this salad.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 3/4 cup salted cashews coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dates pitted and chopped
- 1/3 red onion finely chopped or 3-4 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon zest and juice
- 1 tspn honey
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 sprigs fresh cilantro chopped
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Add cooked rice to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop dates and salted cashews and set aside.
- Chop scallions, or a 1/4 of a small red onion and set aside.
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a separate bowl, stir to combine.
- Add chopped dates, cashews, onions and cilantro to rice and toss gently to combine,
- Add dressing to rice mix, mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.