Pan seared New Zealand or Australian Rack of Lamb is easy, festive, dress-up and delicious. And that says it all! Serve it with a beautiful side of Greek salad or for a really decadent dinner, try Gratin Dauphinoise potatoes.
Tip : For best results, buy frozen New Zealand or Australian rack of lamb.
- 1 rack New Zealand or Australian rack of lamb
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 400 °F
- Trim the cap off the rack.
- The racks come 'Frenched' just remove any remaining bits between the bones after removing the cap and season well with salt and fresh black pepper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and allow to rest for an hour before cooking.
- Heat a small oven proof frying pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes, then add the rack, skin side down.
- Turn to rack side down and place in a 400 °Foven for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and place on a cutting board and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve.