Grilled Salmon with just a bit of drizzled olive oil and salt and pepper is pretty good on its own. But the addition of Pomegranate Glaze to the Salmon just makes it special. I used pomegranate molasses, which is just a pomegranate concentrate. Add a bit of honey an a touch of olive oil, and it’s all done.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 2 4 oz salmon fillets skin on
- olive oil to drizzle
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbspn pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbspn honey or to taste
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 tspn freshly ground pepper
- Gather ingredients before starting recipe.
- Mix glaze ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator one hour before grilling.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides and generously season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Pre heat grill or bbq on high.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a small aluminum tin and transfer salmon fillets, skin side down on the tin. Brush glaze on the tops of the salmon, try to not drizzle down the sides as this will burn.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, in the tin. Place tin on the grill, close the grill cover and grill for 5 minutes.
- Check the bottom to see if it's nicely browned. If the salmon releases from the pan, carefully flip the salmon skin side up.
- Close the grill cover and grill for another 5 minutes. Check the second side, it should be a nice color and should release from the tin.
- Remove salmon to a platter and serve with a fresh green salad.