Skirt steak is a delicious cut of meat. It is juicy and tender and takes well to either a dry rub or a marinade. I decided on a marinade this time and cooked it over a hot grill. It was delicious but I had some left over. Left over steak usually becomes lunch the next day, and so it was with this. Sliced thinly, on top of Romaine lettuce and dotted with sweet ripe tomatoes, I dressed the salad with a lemon vinaigrette before serving.
- 1/2 lb grilled skirt steak cut into 1/2" slices
- 3-4 medium vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 head Romaine lettuce sliced into 1" ribbons
- 1/4 head frisée lettuce or chicory
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 1 small clove garlic grated
- 4-5 sprigs fresh cilantro chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Add salad greens to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Drizzle 2/3 of salad dressing over greens and toss to combine. Season with kosher salt and black pepper, toss again to combine.
- Add sliced skirt steak and fresh tomatoes to salad.
- Serve with toasted pita chips.