When you are tired of the usual week night dinners, switch it up with this Atlantic Sole. Quick fried and finished with light lemon caper sauce, it is really good. The fish is easy to find at your grocer, frozen or fresh, so part of your normal shopping list.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1/2 fillet of Atlantic sole (the longer side and cut in half)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- all-purpose flour for dredging the sole
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1 juice of whole lemon
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbspn capers drained
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season sole fillet on both sides and dredge in flour.
- Place sole fillets in skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes, per side, based on thickness.
- Remove sole from skillet to a platter.
- Add capers to pan, then squeeze in juice of one whole lemon and 1/4 cup of chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce juices a bit, then add another tablespoonful of butter.
- Pour pan juices over the sole and serve.