There is nothing like buttermilk Southern Fried Chicken, unless it’s served with biscuits and hot honey! I was inspired to make this after ordering this dish at a local barbecue restaurant, and honestly, I was disassapointed. I just knew that there could be a much better version of this Southern classic. This is it!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 4 whole skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 recipe Cake Pan Honey Biscuits
- 1 recipe Rosemary Hot Honey
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 tspn celery seeds
- 1 tspn black pepper
- 2 tspn kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbspn smoked paprika
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken thighs to the marinade and message to combine making sure all surfaces are covered.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken on a slice of Honey Cake Pan Biscuit and drizzle with Rosemary Hot Honey, then top the chicken with a second slice of biscuit and serve.