The taste is predictable, it’s the presentation that makes it great! Spaghetti Pie is best prepared from ‘left-over’ spaghetti and home made meat sauce. It can also be made using bottled marinara sauce with freshly browned ground beef and sautéed chopped onion.
- 1 1/2 cups home made spaghetti meat sauce room temperature
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese drained through a fine sieve
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti cooked al dente
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F
- Spray a 7" deep cake pan with vegetable spray.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente and drain, allow to cool slightly and mix with sauce.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, 3 whole eggs, 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, and 2 tbsp chopped parsley. Combine with 1 1/2 cups home made spaghetti meat sauce and 1 lb spaghetti, cooked. Toss to combine well, making sure that the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Place in a pre-heated 350°F oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is beginning to brown, then remove and allow the pie to rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.