The taste is predictable, it’s the presentation that makes it great! Spaghetti Pie is best prepared from ‘left-over’ spaghetti and home made meat sauce. It can also be made using bottled marinara sauce with freshly browned ground beef and sautéed chopped onion.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 1/2 cups home made spaghetti meat sauce room temperature
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese drained through a fine sieve
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti cooked al dente
- 2 tbspn chopped parsley
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 7" deep cake pan with vegetable spray.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente and drain, allow to cool slightly and mix with sauce.
- Whisk together drained ricotta cheese and 3 whole eggs, parsley, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and salt and black pepper to taste and combine with room temperature meat sauce. Add cooked spaghetti and toss to combine well, making sure that the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Place in a pre-heated 350°F oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is beginning to brown, then remove and allow the pie to rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.