The supreme in Supreme of Chicken really means how the chicken is prepared (click on this link to learn how). Once you have mastered the technique, you can apply it to any poultry or game bird. The advantage is that the chicken breast is virtually deboned but you retain the best part of the chicken. Of course you can buy skin on deboned chicken breast but it’s not quite the same. It takes a little patience but it makes a really special presentation.
- 1 whole chicken
- vegetable spray
- 1 recipe Tarragon and Chive Cream Sauce
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Carve fowl into supreme cuts and salt well, reserve drum sticks and thighs for another use.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with vegetable oil and heat the pan over medium high heat, add chicken, skin side down, and sear until skin turns a golden color, 5-6 minutes, then turn heat down to medium and cook another 5-6 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and cook for another 15 minutes or until the breast is cooked through.
Shoe String French Fries
- 5 minutes before the chicken is done, spread frozen 5 minute French Fries on a cookie sheet in a single layer and place in the 450° F oven.
- When chicken is done and the French Fries are crispy, place one chicken breast on each plate, nap with the tarragon/chive sauce and serve with crispy French Fries.