A true Southern classic. Saltine Crackers and Chocolate and did I mention butter? This recipe has both sweet butter and peanut butter and is topped with chopped peanuts. Definitely not low calorie, but it is really good!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 20-30 saltine crackers
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts coarsely chopped
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Coarsely chop 1/3 cup peanuts and set aside until ready to use.
- Line medium sheet pan with non-stick aluminum foil and line sheet pan with saltine crackers, salty side down.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Heat until the mixture comes to a boil and turns a caramel color, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour melted butter over crackers, covering them evenly.
- Heat peanut butter in microwave on high for about 20 seconds, or until the peanut butter has become liquid, pour over crackers and spread with an offset spatula to cover evenly.
- Heat white chocolate in microwave on high for 20 seconds, then stir, and then for another 20 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until completely combined. Spoon dollops over peanut butter, than spread with an offset spatula to cover evenly.
- Top with chopped peanuts and transfer pan to fridge and cool until the mixture is completely cold, up to 30 minutes.
- When completely cold and the brittle has set, break into pieces, store in an air tight container.