This Basic Vinaigrette Dressing is very versatile. I made it to go with the Boston Tower Salad as a start, but quite unconventionally, also used it with grated Parmesan with a chicken Caesar Salad.
- 1 large tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 shallot finely-chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Peel and chop shallots and combine with mustard, vinegar, salt and black pepper and stir to combine; se aside until ready to assemble the salad.