This version of Roasted Beet Salad gets its kick from the Freshly Grated Horseradish. If you have most of the horseradish root left over, try grating the rest in a food processor, add a lot of ground black pepper, kosher salt and a bit of cream and store in an air tight jar for homemade horse radish.
- 3 whole fresh beets peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 stalk celery leafy tops only, chopped
- 1 fresh horseradish root peeled and a small quantity freshly grated
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- olive oil to drizzle beets
- kosher salt to taste
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 400°
- Peel beets and cut into thick slices or chunks.
- Line a sheet pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Place peeled, cut up beets on the sheet pan and drizzle with a bit of olive oil, season with kosher salt. Add 1/4 cup water to the pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the beets are cooked.
- Remove from sheet pan, and place into serving bowl or plates.
- Drizzle with sherry vinegar, sprinkle with chopped celery leaves and grate fresh horseradish on top.