Baby Back Ribs require low heat and slow cooking to guarantee fall off the bone meat. The trick is to generously season the ribs with salt and garlic powder and roast, basting with my BBQ Sauce for Ribs, for the last 40 minutes. I like to serve these ribs with Spanish Rice. If you have any left over, try making pulled pork sliders.
- 1 rack baby back ribs or pork loin ribs
- 1 tbsp kosher salt or enough salt on each side of the rack so that you can see the salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 whole banana pepper (optional)
- 1 whole plum tomato quartered (optional)
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 325°
- Season both sides of the rack, season so you can see the salt and garlic powder after adding
- Place seasoned rack on a non-stick aluminum foil lined cookie sheet or roasting pan, rib side up.
- Add 1/4 water to the pan, cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 3 hours.
- When the ribs are soft, remove the foil, turn the ribs bone side down and baste with BBQ sauce. After 20 minutes, baste again and bake for another 20 minutes.